Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for relatives of Martha Bottomley & others

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley

Shirley Report 3 Jan 2008 06:02

Hi,
I'm interested in finding any info regarding Martha Bottomley born 10/05/1914 in Normanton, England.
She had 7 other siblings...Wilfred, Doris, Clarence (or Clement), Donald, Lesley, Harold & Florence.
I think their parents names were Clement Bottomley & Angela Holmes...but not 100% sure as I have some conflicting info.
They lived in a farmhouse in Bradshaw, England. Their mother died after giving birth to Florence in 1930.
If anyone has any info at all about any members of this family I would be very interested to hear from you.
Kind Regards
Shirley :o)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 3 Jan 2008 09:27

I have no link....but these could possibly be the same family. ( from freebmd )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Dec 1911
Bottomley Joseph W Holmes Lincoln 7a 849

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Jun 1914

BOTTOMLEY Martha Holmes Wakefield 9c 191

Births Mar 1917

Bottomley Clement Holmes Wakefield 9c 145

Births Dec 1919

Bottomley Doris Holmes N.Bierley 9b 53

Gwyn

Shirley

Shirley Report 4 Jan 2008 00:34

Hi Gwyn...first of all thank you so much for your reply.
I'm very new to all of this family tree searching business so i have no idea what I'm really doing yet. But learning along the way. Thank you for the link to Freebmd...I've never heard of it before..I'm off to go and have a very long look!
Kind Regards
Shirley :o)