Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

scottish look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 3 Jan 2008 08:55

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.
I am hoping there is someone out there who can help me.
My grandfathers details are
thomas cooper dob 1919 (scotland) married 13/11/1943 shandon church and was living at 4 deanfield cresent, boness scotland.
He died 28/5/1948 address then was 24 atholl place, stirling.
His parents were thomas cooper dob 1896 married jean dick dob 1897 in airth 23/4/1915.
I konw he had atleast 2 sisters but can't find any record of them on anything I have looked at.
Could someone point me in the right direction please.
Many thanks. Kind regards Dawn

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 3 Jan 2008 09:11

If his sisters were born in Scotland then you are not going to find anything online. Scotlands People only cover births between 1855-1908.
More recent births can be looked up at the Ednburgh Records Office but you will need to find someone going there & willing to do a lookup for you.

Dawn

Dawn Report 3 Jan 2008 12:33

thank you that might explain why I haven't been able to find anything on them!