Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Charles Miles 1899

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 3 Jan 2008 19:13

i have been trying to find the death date of one Charles Miles born in 1899 married to Fanny Pink born in 1898, married in 1925.,both came from the area of Midhurst Heyshott.When the first son was born called David Miles they were living in Soberton near Droxford hants,When the last child was born Mary,Charles was dieing from TB,The address was "The five trees,soberton.
I have been told that Mary was still in arms when her father died but i can not find any record of this ,Mary was born in 1929/30
Can anyone help on this matter Vanessa

_MrsG_

_MrsG_ Report 3 Jan 2008 19:29

Hi vanessa,

Might be worth searching on this website:

http://www.familyhistoryonline.net/

searching the indexs are free and then for further info you pay to view, minium £5 which you have 6 months to use.

Best Regards
Viveka

Janice

Janice Report 3 Jan 2008 19:34

Here's the birth:
Q3 1929
Mary Miles MMN Pink
Droxford 2c 288

Janice

Janice Report 3 Jan 2008 19:50

The marriage is Q1 1925

Charles W Miles to Pink
Droxford 2c 244

Death of Charles W Miles
Q2 1933 Droxford 2c 180
but it has his age as 53 not 33.

Misprint or could you have the age wrong?

Janice

Janice

Janice Report 3 Jan 2008 19:50

Snap Yorkie!

Susan

Susan Report 3 Jan 2008 19:55

trying all angles. There is a Charles W death in Droxford 2o 180 june qu 1933 but the age is wrong(could it be a mistake) also a relative of mine died from TB but wasn't at home. He was miles away on the Isle of Wight. Might be worth considering that he was somewhere else when he died. Sue

Thelma

Thelma Report 3 Jan 2008 19:57

The one from Heyshott was;
Charles William Miles

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 8 Jan 2008 19:31

Susan thanks but he was at home when he died,i thought when i looked up his date of birth that it said 1899 the writting was bad.That may explain why i had not been able to find anything about him,thanks everyone i think you have been great

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 8 Jan 2008 20:05

Thanks to all of you that took the time to look this up for me,i was wrong,I remember my dad saying in 1980 when he changed jobs that he had the put the age of his father when he died and although i didn't hear that date what i did hear was he would of been quite old by then if he had lived,but it didn't make sense when i saw what i thought was the date of birth.I am so happy that you have found out the truth.Thanks again Vanessa