Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Florence Goody 1909 births

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

wendysTree

wendysTree Report 4 Jan 2008 01:13

Can you help my grandmother seems to have been omitted from the birth census register for the year 1909 Sept qtr of which she was born in. How can i get her added as im completey shocked and yes i know she is as i have checked her death cert and no her full name and dob etc

many thanks wendy

Sue from Perth Oz

Sue from Perth Oz Report 4 Jan 2008 01:16

Hi Wendy

What is her full name and what area?

Sue

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Jan 2008 01:17

The information on the death cert is given by the informer so it can't be relied upon. Best start with her marriage cert to get her age and father.

Can you list the details?

Rose

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 4 Jan 2008 01:20

Wendy the age on a death cert is as given by the informant, who doesn't always get it right.

Sam

Sam Report 4 Jan 2008 01:21

Even if you find her, I doubt very much whether you can get her added.

As Rose has said, the date of birth given at her death is only as accurate as the person giving the info, ie quite likely to be wrong.

Even if it was correct, it is possible to be missed from the birth indexes. The local registrar had to do a return each quarter to the GRO and it is very possibloe to miss someone off.

Have you asked the register office locally whether they have a record of the birth?

Sam x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 Jan 2008 01:29

Could Florence be her middle name and she was known by that? There is this birth at the right time (although you don't say where your grandmother was born):-

Name: Violet Florence Goody
Year of Registration: 1909
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
District: Chelmsford
County: Essex
Volume: 4a
Page: 665

The other possibility is that she was born before her parents married and was registered under her mother's maiden name (this happened quite often so please don't be shocked at the suggestion).

Kath. x

wendysTree

wendysTree Report 5 Jan 2008 09:09

Thanks to all but apparently now the death certificate is def wrong so hopefully now i will find her if not i contact the registra office many thanks again
wendy

wendysTree

wendysTree Report 8 Jan 2008 23:21

I found her there is error on birth certificate and she was put in the wrong census for births thanks to all