Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

IGI: Sharing your tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RStar

RStar Report 5 Jan 2008 21:35

Help! How do I import the gedcom Ive already got saved in my emails? Ive looked on IGI, it says click browse and type the path code in. I cant even see Browse!

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 6 Jan 2008 08:18

Where are you trying to import the gedcom to?

Christine

RStar

RStar Report 6 Jan 2008 14:13

Hi Christine. Was told I could upload the gedcom to IGI, just cant find a way of doing it, although I did it perfectly ok on Ancestry. I have a comprehensive tree of 5400 ancestors, and want to share what I have to help other researchers.

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 6 Jan 2008 15:09

I've never heard of being able to import a gedcom to IGI but maybe someone else has.

Sorry not to be of any help.

Christine

GillfromStaffs

GillfromStaffs Report 6 Jan 2008 15:30

Do you mean onto the lds website, that houses the IGI?
Gill

GillfromStaffs

GillfromStaffs Report 6 Jan 2008 15:37

If you go to the Lds website on the right hand side it say share your tree with others and it gives you the option of uploading your gedcom.
Gill

RStar

RStar Report 6 Jan 2008 15:38

Sorry Gill, was putting the dinner on. Yes, the LDS site. I'll try it now.