Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

william allen married anne vosper...need help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Simon

Simon Report 5 Jan 2008 23:33

HI, IM TRYING TO FIND BIRTH/MARRIAGE LINES OF GREAT GREAT GRANDPARENTS. WILLIAM ALLEN MARRIED ANNE VOSPER ? D.O.B 1850S.....
THERE SON SAMUEL ALLEN BORN 1876, LIVERPOOL...
ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED...
REGARDS SIMON

Steph

Steph Report 6 Jan 2008 00:07

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Mar 1868 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allen William Henry East Stonehouse 5b 479
Bance William Henry East Stonehouse 5b 479
Roach Mary E Stonehouse 5b 479
Vosper Anne East Stonehouse 5b 479

Don't know if this is any good.

Brian

Brian Report 6 Jan 2008 13:53

Saw the post and been having a look for you.

I am sure STEPH is right with the marriage in East Stonehouse Devon as they were living there in in Plmouth in 1871.

I believe the birth record for William Henry ALLEN
is Oct Nov Dec 1841 Plymouth census records for 1851 at Plymouth show his parents could be Samuel 1822 Plym and Sarah 1820 St Kew Corn.

You would need the marriage cert to be sure of course.

Ann Vosper I could not see in 1851 or 1861 even with variations on the spelling, ie Vesper.

Did find a birth for an Ann VOSPER July Aug Sep 1845 St Germans Corn but the marriage cert would help again.

There was a VOSPER family liviing in Millbrook Cornwall but no Ann/Anne, the nearest to 1846 was an Alice?

Hope this helps