Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa M

Lisa M Report 6 Jan 2008 16:24

Give me any ideas of how I can get some info on my 2 brothers dads please.
I would like to know if they have got any other children and if they are married and any other info I can hopefully find out about them
Many thanks
Lisa

Lisa M

Lisa M Report 6 Jan 2008 17:20

Thanks Anita,
But I do not have any contact with my brothers mum who is also my mother so I cannot ask her.
All I know is there names.
I cannot get copies of their birth certificates as don't I need the vol and page numbers or something to be able to get the copies of them?

Iris

Iris Report 6 Jan 2008 17:26

Lisa, you do.. they can be looked up easily enough though, I am not sure what the rules are about getting birth certs for living people (if they are still living) as you would normally be needing ID etc as a birth certificate is a prime source of ID.

suggest you look at the GRO government website and see what it says about this..

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Jan 2008 17:32

I would think twice before going down this route........if nothing else, check with your brothers to see if they have any objections. After all, their fathers are not related to you, so you may be wiser to leave well alone.........

Reg

Lisa M

Lisa M Report 6 Jan 2008 17:58

Thank you for your help Iris and Reggie.
I will have to try and get what i need to know so I can order them on the net..
I am wanting to find info on their dads to see if through them I can find my brothers and to ask if i can add them to my tree
Lisa

Nicki

Nicki Report 6 Jan 2008 18:00

How old are your brothers?
Nicki

Lisa M

Lisa M Report 6 Jan 2008 18:01

My brothers are 37 and 28
Lisa

Nicki

Nicki Report 6 Jan 2008 18:05

Lisa

Jean has a thread 'are you looking for someone' - I will nudge it up to the top for you - if you put your request on there, she may be able to help you.

Nicki

Lisa M

Lisa M Report 6 Jan 2008 18:27

Thank you very much Nicki.
Lisa