Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Robert, Edward, Peter (Leeds)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 7 Jan 2008 21:09

Robert Pease was a timber merchant / mahogany merchant in Leeds in at least 1829 and 1834 (Pigot's directory) in Lady Lane and in Albion Road.

His son Edward was born about 1817 died about 1853 and was my ancestor, also a mahogany merchant later in London (Bow, Hackney, Stepney, Poplar). There was another son or other relative Peter born about 1820 also a mahogany merchant in London area: 8 children.

I don't have any further information, but would love to find Robert's birthdate (at least 1795 I should think) and birthplace, wife (possibly Mary White), any other children, any previous generations - actually, anything at all.

Jane

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 7 Jan 2008 21:27

If you search the IGI

http://www.familysearch.org

for births, father Robert Pease, mother Mary, 1800-1840, Yorkshire, you get a list of 16. Your Edward is there:

2. EDWARD PEAS - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 26 MAY 1817 Saint John, Leeds, Yorkshire, England

so you would probably want to consider the other births in that batch in particular -- C009522. There are 8 Pease births there with parents Robert and Mary, including Peter.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 7 Jan 2008 21:33

Btw, Either your Edward was a twin, or there was a batch baptism -- a Robert was baptized on the same date as Edward.