Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Big favour to ask please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 8 Jan 2008 09:57

I have got ancestry and I was looking for a John Staunton on the WW1 records which I have found now I can see he lived at 34 Barbot Street Edmonton
and can see that he was born in Ireland but I can't see any next of kin or anything else that might give ne a clue to how old he was I know he had a daughter in 1920 and the address is the same so know it is the right person. perhaps I am not reading it right so if some else has got the time and ancestry could they please take a look at it thanking you so much

Margaret Finch

Sam

Sam Report 8 Jan 2008 10:12

Margaret,

His age is stated on the records, 19 years and 2 months.

Sam x

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 8 Jan 2008 10:21

Thankyou Sam was that when he enlisted in 1912 making hom born c1893

Margaret x

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 8 Jan 2008 10:35

Are you clicking on Next...at the top of Ancestry page?...
There are several pages for him

If I am reading it right his next of kin are shown on page 14907

Previous pages show him born in St Michaels, Limerick.

Gwyn

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 8 Jan 2008 12:52

Thank you all you seem to read it better than I do. Sophie I sent for that marriage certificate and they have sent me the wrong one have just posted it back to them their mistake not mine.

Wonder of I will be able to find out.

Gwyn I was clicking on next page but I don't thonk my eyes are that good must need new glasses

Margaret x

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 8 Jan 2008 13:55

Yes Sophie that is John's daughter but the marrige certificate I ordered for John Staunton they sent me ine for a George A.Crowley and a Beatrice M.M. Creassey
same ref no: they just sent the wrong one. If you look on free BMD they all come up together and they looked at the wrong Beatrice.

Margaret

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 8 Jan 2008 14:43

Ho Sophie this is what I found

Marriages Jun 1919 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anderson Alice V Hodge Edmonton 3a 1556
Chalk Beatrice A L Staunton Edmonton 3a 1556
Creassey Beatrice M M Crowley Edmonton 3a 1556
Crowley George A Creassey Edmonton 3a 1556
Hodge James D M Anderson Edmonton 3a 1556

Aand I asked for the Chalk Beatrice A.L.
Staunton and paid for that certificate on line but they sent me Creassey Beatrice M.M. and Crowley how they made the mistake I don't know but I phoned them and they said send it back and they will send the right one

Margaret