Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where would I look for the original

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marcelle

Marcelle Report 8 Jan 2008 10:36

Hello, just after some advice on where I could look next.

On Family History online I found the following

. Parish St Annes, Richmond Date 18030511 Groom Blaney Toombs of parish Liverpool occupation Mariner Bride Ellen Shaw of parish Liverpool a Widow by Banns/Licence

Would the original records show any more info ie grooms father etc and would the Liverpool records office hold this record

Many Thanks

Marcelle

♥Athena

♥Athena Report 8 Jan 2008 10:42

Hi Marcelle

I think you will find that the parish entry on FHO site is complete. Those parish records didn't record all the same details that are found on certs, so no father's name/occ. You're quite lucky in that this parish clerk recorded the groom's occupation. I have many that only state the bride and groom names.

Regards

Athena

Marcelle

Marcelle Report 8 Jan 2008 10:45

Thanks Athena. I have totally hit a brick wall with Blaney. I realised how lucky I was when I actually found something I was loking for!

Once again
Thanks

Marcelle

Sarah1

Sarah1 Report 8 Jan 2008 10:52

Hi Marcelle

This wont help you at present because St Anne, Richmond has not been done yet, but if you google "Lancashire online parish clerk project" it is a site which volunteers are transcribing the local parish records and details are being added on a daily basis, if you've not come across this site it may be something to book mark for the future.

Regards, Sarah

Marcelle

Marcelle Report 8 Jan 2008 18:39

Thank you Sarah

I will bookmark for later

Marcelle

imp

imp Report 8 Jan 2008 18:49

Marcelle

The information does not make clear if the marriage was by Banns or Licence, if it was by Licence then there may be an affidavit, marriage bond or the licence itself. Depends upon the holdings of the local archives.

It is worth double checking the actual parish register to find out if it was by licence.

Gail.

Checking the online holdings catalogue of Liverpool Record Office

For St Annes, Richmond

Ref No 283 ANN/3/5
Title Marriage register.
Date 26 July 1801 - 26 Jan 1806
Description Index of males at front of volume, females index at the end. Index available on microfiche.
Extent 1 volume
AccessConditions Available on microfilm only.

Marcelle

Marcelle Report 8 Jan 2008 19:06

Hi Gail

Does that mean I have to go to Liverpool records office?

imp

imp Report 8 Jan 2008 23:33

Hi Marcelle

You could always ring them if you cannot get in person and enquire about copies of the entries etc.

Gail.