Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death Cert Info

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 9 Jan 2008 08:06

Hi can someone let me know what information is on an English death cert? Will it give the parents names for a married woman?

Thanks in anticipation

Linda

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 9 Jan 2008 08:10

No.

Linda

Linda Report 9 Jan 2008 08:14

Thanks Ozbird

Nicki

Nicki Report 9 Jan 2008 08:14

It will give maiden name though.

Nicki

Linda

Linda Report 9 Jan 2008 12:27

Thanks Nicola, I have the maiden name, she was born in County Mayo and I can only trace her from the 1861 census, she was married in 1854 and then 2 years later was with my great great grandfather!!! I will keep searching.

Thanks Again

Linda

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Jan 2008 12:40

I don't think maiden names are on death certs.......a married woman would be 'wife of', or 'widow of'........and the husband's name.

Reg

Nicki

Nicki Report 9 Jan 2008 12:46

I would have to disagree with you there Reg - I have a death certificate dated 1973 from Oxford and it has a space for ' maiden surname of woman who has married'.

Nicki

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Jan 2008 12:53

I think that is a recent innovation.

I have one dated March 1954, where the deceased lady is identified by her married surname, as the widow of her late husband

Reg