Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Monumental Inscriptions - Forgue Aberdeenshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fiona

Fiona Report 9 Jan 2008 10:09

Hi,

Does anyone have access to any detailed Forgue info?

I'm trying to untangle my Cran's of Forgue and Inverkeithny.
I've looked on the ANES FHS MI website, and it lists Forgue MI's as unpublished - but has a name index with plots on the site.

To match or eliminate some people, any of the MI detail beyond what is on the website would help ie - any relationships between the names of people listed on the plot.

eg "Names and dates on Stone Number 191:

Isobel CRAN 8 Sep 1824
Isobel CRAN 3 Mar 1833
Peter CRAN 17 Jun 1834

NOTE: This is not the complete inscription"

One of the Isobel's is my gggg grandmother - the other her daughter - which is which?

Are there any clues about my gggg grandfather Peter Cran's parents? There are Cran's buried at stones 190 - 194. Are they likely to be all related since they are all together?

Thanks,

Fiona