Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Edmonton Cemetary Records, London

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amy

Amy Report 9 Jan 2008 10:25

Hello,

Just wondered if anyone knew where I could find details of burials at Edmonton cemetery in North London?

Best Wishes,

Amy

Vera

Vera Report 9 Jan 2008 10:40

Hi Amy,
02083602157.....telephone number for the cemetery....they should be able to tell you where the archives are kept.

Regards Vera

Amy

Amy Report 9 Jan 2008 11:12

Thanks very much Vera, I will post on here where they are for other people's reference when I find out.

Best Wishes,

Amy

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 9 Jan 2008 12:01

Hi Amy of you find out it will very useful to me thanks
Margaret

liquidamber¨°o.O

liquidamber¨°o.O Report 9 Jan 2008 12:08

Hi Amy
Would be great if you could do that, as all my family comes from that area

Regards

Amber

Amy

Amy Report 9 Jan 2008 13:02

Right just managed to get in touch and got the following information:

There are a number of cemeteries in Edmonton - the closest one to Edmonton itself is the Church Street cemetery - there is also one on Old Church Street, and there is an independent one at Tottenham Park. Enfield council have the records for the first two but not the third.

I was informed that they are in the process of computerising the burial records, however these won't be available online until the end of the year.

They can, however, undertake manual searches of the records. If you have quite detailed information about the individuals you are looking for, eg. full name, date of death, then they may be able to do limited searches free of charge (as long as you only need a couple of ones doing). Anything which could be quite time consuming may be charged.

If you want them to search the records for you, you can either write to them with the details (their address is on the website http://www.enfield.gov.uk/335/index335.htm ) or you can email them your queries. I have the email address for the lady I spoke to - if anybody is interested then PM me and I will pass it on.

Best Wishes,

Amy