Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Tippetts family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marie

Marie Report 16 Oct 2007 23:21

Trying to find any relatives of my Grandfather Cecil Edwin or maybe Edwin Cecil) Tippetts c1911, died 1968 He married Elsie May (Young) b 1911 died 2001, they lived in Stawell, in Somerset, they had 3 children, Shirley, died 1971 in London area, Bryan, and Christine( my mum), who died 1996 in Taunton. Any help will be gratefuuly recieved.

Joanna

Joanna Report 16 Dec 2007 09:11

Hi marie, I think that we may be related - not sure. My tippetts relatives lived in Stawell. I think that possibly your grandfather was my grandfathers brother. My Grandfather was Frederick lewis Tippetts. Perhaps Cecil is a 'family' name as my fathers name was Cecil. I remember Elsie living next door to my Grandparents in Stawell. My Grandmothers name was Elizabeth Tippetts nee Clapp. Perhaps if they wern't brothers they were cousins, but I know we were related somehow. Looking forward to connecting with you to share info. Blessings Jo Gavin nee Tippetts, Perth West Australia.