Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Tipton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 10 Apr 2007 21:14

Hi, I am trying to find Thomas Tipton, born 1861 in Munslow, Ludlow. His fathers name was Richard but I do not know his mothers name. He married Emma Brookes in 1880. They had moved to Penn, Wolverhampton. Thomas died at the age of 35 leaving his widow with 5 children. My grandfather, Alfred William Tipton was only 2 years old. Can you help please? Many Thanks - annie

Rachel

Rachel Report 2 Jan 2008 12:32

Hiya Anne , My name is Rachel and my ancestors are Tiptons from Ludlow too. I have very little information at the moment but maybe you know more. My grandad was called John Thomas (possibly Thomas John according to different sources!) He was born in 1904 in Ludlow and had 2 brothers. Ernest and Charles/charlie.. Unsure of their dates as of yet. Just starting on this part of the family though. John Thomas married my nan in 1932 her name was Gertrude Plaskett. If any of these names ring a bell in your endevours i'd be happy to hear from you. Bit of a long shot i know ;o) xXx Good Luck in your searches xXx

David

David Report 2 Jan 2008 14:58

Hi, Annie - I think this is your family.
1891 census RG12/2225 Folio 107 Page 6, Upper Penn, No 6 Swan Bank Terrace.
Thomas Tipton, 30, born Munslow, Salop, plumber & painter
Emma Tipton, 30, born Wombourne, Staffs
Harry, 6, birthplace not entered
Thomas R,4, Wombourn
jessie, 1, Penn
Lizzie, 6mo, Penn

1871 England Census
about Thomas Tipton
Name: Thomas Tipton
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1861
Relation: Son
Father's Name: Richard
Mother's Name: Mary
Where born: Munslow, Shropshire, England

Household Members: Name Age
Agnes Tipton 5
Alfred Tipton 3
Henry Tipton 7
Mary Tipton 34
Richard Tipton 40
Thomas Tipton 10
William Tipton 15

Source Citation: Class: RG10; Piece: 2727; Folio: 33; Page: 11; GSU roll: 835391.