Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Todd

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christopher

Christopher Report 10 May 2007 16:57

I am currently trying to find any relations of my grandfather, Frederick Joseph Todd, born 19th March 1912 (Kingston upon Hull). His mother was Kate McLorinan (A Herring Giller) and his father is unknown as per his birth certificate (recorded later as Matthew Todd on Frederick's marriage certificate (Matthew Todd could have been his father or grandfather). Frederick Todd had two sisters, Mary Todd (born circa 1913), Cathy Todd (Born circa 1917) and one brother, Matthew Todd (born circa 1915). He also had a half sister, Florrie (Born circa 1909) of whom he shared the same mother with. Frederick Todd married Lillian Forster on the 1st November 1949, and at this time was living in North Shields, Tyne & Wear. They had two children, Margaret Todd (married name now Seagroat) and Alan Todd (who is my father). We also believe that Frederick may have been married prior to meeting my grandmother (Lillian Forster) and may have fathered another child, but I have not been able to gather any further information on this. Frederick Todd was both a Fish Merchant in the early part of his life, which is how he met my grandmother. He was also a marine fitter in the later stages of his life. He died on the 7th April 1982. If anyone has any links into my family, or can help me to trace my history back further, please get in touch as I would be most interested to hear from you.