Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Percy b1910 & Billy Trueman b1915

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maureen

Maureen Report 1 Jan 2008 20:03

Percy Trueman b1910 & Billy(William) Trueman b1915 were the children of Percy Trueman snr 1887-1967 & Nellie Patrick 1891-1918 and were born in Aston Birmingham.
N.B.name could be spelt Truman or Troman.

Percy jnr married Jean & had a son Barry b1945 and I believe remained in the Birmingham area where he worked for Birmingham Corporation as a bus driver after leaving the army in the 1940's.

Billy I believe married Teresa? in the 1940's but I dont know if they divorced and he remarried and moved out of the area. He worked for BSA in Birmingham before joining the army in 1940's.

They were both in the 2WW and served in India. Billy was in the Terratorials before joining the Regular Army as a warrent officer in the Warwickshire Reg. & he was also a drummer. Percy Jnr was I believe in the catering corps in the Wiltshire Reg.

Percy & Billy had half sisters Ivy & Olive Trueman and lived in Small Heath & Tyseley area of B,ham

Does anyone out there PLEASE have any information about these brothers as my mother Olive would love to find out what happened to her half brothers.