Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

death

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

xx bumble bee xx

xx bumble bee xx Report 6 Dec 2007 23:52

hi could any one help? i have searched and searced for the death of a sarah cholmondley married name wilde, she was born in march 1864 and married a james wilde (1865) in 1887 ellesmere i just cant find there deaths.
thanks x

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 7 Dec 2007 01:14

When is the last trace of them -- did they make it to the 1901? Any kids born post-1901?

I'd find your Sarah Chumly's death if you'll find my Ada Lennox Monck Hill/Monck Coke's death. ;)

I can't spot 'em in 1891 or 1901.

And good job finding the 1887 marriage. This is the record for James:

Name: James Wilde
Year of Registration: 1887
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
District: Ellesmere
County: Flintshire, Shropshire
Volume: 6a
Page: 12*0 (i.e. page number not given)

... well, except I can't find a Sarah Cholmondley (or anything resembling that) marrying that quarter in Ellesmere. How *did* you figure that out?

Did James die and she remarried, thus dying under a different surname?

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 19 Dec 2007 00:52

In case you and bumble bee are different people, which I suspect is not the case, please see here:

http://genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=984341

I believe the mystery of Sarah may be on its way to being solved.

I still don't think I ever got an answer to my question about how you knew that Sarah and James married in 1887, or any other slightest acknowledgement of the above post.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 19 Dec 2007 00:54

Duh, I checked the membership number, and

amanda
bumble bee

are the same person. Asking questions about the same people in different threads under different names, without making full disclosure of the information she has.

There are helpers around here who keep lists of the membership numbers of people whom they have tried to help and got no response from, and never try to help them again.

Christopher

Christopher Report 19 Dec 2007 14:29

Theres nothing here to say if anyone is still local

but would one start would be the cholmondeley estate church records ?