Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Tuck

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Victoria

Victoria Report 18 Mar 2003 11:37

Trying to trace my grandmother's parents: Dorothy TUCK born c1910 in Suffolk, was married to Leonard WOODS, they had 6 children: Cedric(Ced), Leonard(Lenny), Jennifer(Jen), Richard(Bert), Rita (my mother) and Vernon; please e-mail me any info...

Stephen

Stephen Report 16 Dec 2007 11:29

Hello Victoria,
In my family tree I have a Dorothy Tuck born 1918 in Ipswich, Suffolk, any good?
Kindest regards,
Stephen Tuck.

Ethel

Ethel Report 16 Dec 2007 14:51

Hi Victoria.
I have looked on Ancestry and there is a Webtree shown. Owner. {lindamwoods}

This shows:-
Dorothy Edith May Tuck. Born 5.1.1913. Swaffham. Suffolk.
Married. Leonard Woods. (Born 1912.died 1996.
Father. Walter Tuck.(born 1886-1941
and Beatrice Alice nee Goss.(b.1887-1970)
Father of Walter.
Peter. B1835. and Mother.Elelen. b 1825.
Father of Peter. Lewis. 1781. Wife. Elizabeth.nee Maddy. B.1798.

If these sound right then copies of some of the certificate when traced should confirm or deny this info. Worth contacting this lady via the Ancestry site, or if you are not registered, then I could send on your e.mail if you wish. Ethel.

Ethel

Ethel Report 16 Dec 2007 14:52

Hi Victoria.Peters wife should read Ellen.
Ethel.

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 16 Dec 2007 14:54

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Mar 1910
TUCK Dorothy Gladys Bury St. E. 4a 902