Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Turbutt c1844

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire

Claire Report 10 Dec 2007 15:27

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone could possibly help me find further information on a William Turbutt born c1844. At the moment I have very mixed information from him from using different sites and can't put it all together, not helped by the fact I can find no information on his birth.

I have down that he bore 5 children by two different women, but was married 3 times. If any could help that would be great! I have found a William Turbutt born in Worcester, but I have been told that the William Turbutt in my tree was born in London by someone studying the tree for years.

Thank you,
Claire

Jacky

Jacky Report 10 Dec 2007 15:31

hi claire

do you know where he was born or what his mother & father were called

jacky

Jacky

Jacky Report 10 Dec 2007 15:32

snap brian you got it in just before me lol

Claire

Claire Report 10 Dec 2007 15:35

Hi,

I realised just two minutes ago that I hadn't put that in so I edited the post, great minds think alike!

I am lead to believe that he was born in London, the rest of the family have lived in Islington and surrounding area right back to this point in time so I am, perhaps naively, assuming the same for William.

Claire

Claire

Claire Report 10 Dec 2007 16:48

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Claire