Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Urquhart

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 10 Feb 2003 18:04

Looking for descendants of John Urquhart (1758-1846) farmer at Tillydaff in Aberdeen. I have a substantial family tree and would be pleased to make details available to interested persons.

Victoria

Victoria Report 1 Jan 2008 17:12

Hi Peter

I have just started doing a tree for a friend whose father was Allastair Urquhart who married a Margaret Clark they were born in 1908, Grandfather was John Urquhart and mother Mary Mcdonell I think, they married in 1893 in Inverness I have not got any experience in looking for Scottish records so could do with some help if you have the time. On Allastair's bc its states his father John as a Pier Master, I found a John Urquhart in the 1901 census in Scotland but he was a mason maybe this same family as wife was a Mary.

Thanks for your time

Victoria