Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Voice

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Edward

Edward Report 19 Jan 2007 14:51

Hi My name is Ted (jimmy to the famliy) I am trying to trace my grandfathers side of my tree, if there is anyone who has connections or knows anything to the following i would be very grateful. His name was william voice and married in 1906 to edith deby bedford (who was the youngest in a very large family of bedfords). ediths parents names were elisa street and william bedford and resided in the chobhan area around 1740. louisa bedford, ediths sister had 7 children and moved to south africa around 1920 her married name was mounter and gladys the eldest child of louisa who was born in1903 was still alive up to a few years ago. I do know that my grandfather was a cook in the woolwich arsenal in 1908 when my father was born and that they lived firstly in 95 Tuam Road then Alabama street plumstead london SE18. The house in Alabama street was destroyed by a bomb in 1941 killing my grandmother and most of my aunts and uncles, and it is a bit patchy as to how things progressed from there as my dad wouldn't talk about it. I thought with a surname like Voice it would be easy to trace back but I have only managed to trace my grandmothers side of it and would dearly like to hear from anyone that can shed some light on my elusive grandfather.

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 18 Sep 2007 21:38

hi jimmy. i am a voice by birth i to thought it would be easy to trace such a name but i am stuck at my grandfather i wish now i had written down all that my mum told me about the family. his name was william and my grandmother came over from ireland so i am realy stuck. there are a few voices in this area of sussex as most of them came from horsham.anyway all the best to you in your search and if ever i turn anything up that mite be of interest to you i will be in touch.kathleen

Raymond

Raymond Report 5 Nov 2007 20:57

Dear Ted and Kathleen

I agree the Voices are a difficult family to trace. My maternal grandfather was also a Voice from Chobham, a Sydney Victor Voice possibly a close relative of William. He married a widower, Winifred Alexander nee Brocklesby, but abondened her before the birth of his daughter (my mother) Thelma Voice in 1931.

Any news on the Voice family most wecome . Ray