Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Karen Beaver

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 8 Aug 2007 00:25

well, i've been searching hard for my great grandads family water of leith born 1855. i need to confirm a david waldie born about 1821 and married janet cook. I think they may be james parents. a huge clue is james and naomis children first child being david hannibal, both his names being the grandfathers names of both his parents second child elizabeth janet waldie, both grandmothers names and one more child Temarama cooke waldie i searched these and came up with david waldie and janet cook married in St cuthberts edinburgh midlothian in 1847. I really need someone to help me confirm and maybe you have these people. david had a sister mary and maybe married a william williamson.mary born abt 1830 janet cook's dad was james cook. davids parents were john and mary(nee laing) one of their children was laing waldie. and shows david and janet looking after a nephew william williamson 2 months old in 1851 cencus. david was carter(distillary) james wasn't born until 1855(great grandad) karen