Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wales in Redruth / Marazion Cornwall 1700<

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michael

Michael Report 28 Dec 2007 15:13

My name is Michael Wales and I'm researching the Wales family origins in Redruth / Marazion in Cornwall from the 1700's. I have a Thomas Wales b 1786 who married Mary Edmonds born Marazion 1791, in St Hilary, Marazion 1810. Thomas died in Redruth in 1841. The Wales name is not common before this time but I believe that Thomas's father was also called Thomas and also from Marazion. The Wales family were masons. The Edmonds family name is quite common in Marazion at this time.
Any leads would be welcome.

Patricia

Patricia Report 7 Jan 2008 12:20

Hello Michael,
Don"t know if this is any connection. I have a Wales connection via my Gt Grandfather. His name is James Rooke. His sister Gertrude married a Richard Hooper born 1848 Illogan.Richard was the son of Walter Hooper born c1814 atSt Columbo Major.He was married to a Grace George born Illogan Cornwall c1828.
Richards sister Mary Ann born c1850 at Illogan married a William Wales born c1846 Redruth Cornwall. I have no record of them having any children.
Please let me know if there is a connection to you. Thank you.
Regards Patricia.