Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Walker

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paula

Paula Report 13 Aug 2007 17:35

Trying to find info on Florence May Walker born 1885 in Gravesend Kent. Married but not sure when to Edwin George Twitchett and had 6 children. Edwin George, Florence A, Jennie May, Rose and Maggie M T. Edwin may have been born in 1876 possibly in Billericay, Essex. He may also have had brothers George or Albert James. Any info anyone might be able to give would be most welcome. Paula

Fred

Fred Report 28 Nov 2007 14:26

Hi Paula,
Maybe you already have this information but just in case you haven't:

Florence May Walker was born in Gravesend, Kent in quarter ending September 1885 (2a 498).
In the census of 1891 she was aged 5 and living with her 37 year old father Charles and 35 year old mother Mary I Walker. Also she had three sisters, Ethel R. (born 1885), Alice V. (born 1888) and Maud E. (born 1890). There was also another child, Charles A. (Charlie) who was born, in 1892. The family lived at 18 Augustine Road, Milton, Gravesend, Kent in 1891.
Florence's mother Mary was born in Glastonbury, Somerset.
Unfortunately her father's birthplace is difficult to read but in looks like Hungerford, Wilts. He was a musician by profession.
Charles Walker was not around on the day of the census of 1901 but his wife Mary was not given as a widow, only as being married. I guess Charles must have been away from home playing his music.
Edwin George Twitchett was born in Billericay, Essex in quarter ending March 1876 (4a 228).
If you would like me to carry on in the attempt to find further information, please let me know. I am only too pleased to help.
Best wishes to you and your family.
Fred Wright ([email protected].