Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Christine Foulkes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 15 Jun 2005 20:56

CHRISTINE WALL- Hi GLEN WALL, wow, I always knew my ancestors had a viking feel about them, I at one time lived in Norway and felt utterly at home. My late father SIDNEY WALL was one of six brothers born to BERTIE WALL who had married CHARLOTTE HUGHES, Charlotte died when my father was around 17 years old, and BERTIE re-married 'Elsie' however BERTIEs sons were SIDNEY (my dad) ARTHER & EDWIN (twins -EDWIN Emigrated to Wallsend NSW Australia in the 50's) DENNIS, KENNETH and GRAHAM, ONLY THE LAST TWO ARE ALIVE. BERTIE's Sons were all born in Clydach Vale / Brynmawr in South Wales, many worked in the coal pits, and I understand that BERTIE had six brothers, one named HORACE who died in a pit disaster. BERTIE's Father came from MADELY HEREFORDSHIRE, I do not know his name, but he came from MADELY with his brother, both were stonemasons who built the school at Abertillery (I believe) and there is a family picture of CHARLOTTE (who married BERTIE) in the school yard in long skirt and white pinafore, I would love to piece together early records when the two original WALL brothers left MADELY to live in and around BRYNMAWR

Susan

Susan Report 3 Dec 2007 22:02

Hi Christine,
Do you know if there was a Ambrose Wall in your side of the family from Abergavenny.
Kind regards Susan