Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ellen Walters 1828

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Raymond

Raymond Report 8 Nov 2007 19:25

I am having difficulty find the 1841 census for Ellen Walters 1828, born Chepstow, Wales.I dont now her parents names. She married Robert Cradduck 1826 of Staplehurst Kent.1847 in Chepstow. I have her on all census's from 1851 onwards but nothing for 1841 when shewould be 13yrs. Can someone please help me out?

jansmith

jansmith Report 8 Nov 2007 19:42

If you have the marriage index ,a certificate should give her fathers name which might help in your search

Linda

Linda Report 9 Nov 2007 14:44

Have you tried searching for
" Helen " , "Eleanor" or possibly " Nellie " as people were often entered on census records by the name they were known as rather than as their given name. I've come across a number of mis-interpretations from original census details too, such as my own Grandfather who became "Albert" on transcription instead of "Herbert"
Linda