Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

david walton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Derek

Derek Report 25 Oct 2007 17:26

I am looking for my grandmothers father i am told his name is david his date of birth is about 1894 he had a daughter called alice born in 1921 she came from yorkshire, I dont know his wifes name but i am told that thay came from somewere in yorkshire but nobody is sure so i dont know where to start looking in the recoreds . Alice had i beleve 1 brother called james but everybody called hime jim she also hade a sister called Florence
She also hade we think 1 other sister called olive, Iam not even sure if david had any brothers or sisters
any information however small would be most helpfull as this is hard work if you dont know any information about the person you are triying to trace it is imposibule to get any were .

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 25 Oct 2007 17:34

Derek

I suggest you look for and buy your Grandmothers birth cert.

That will give you both her parents names...also mothers maiden name. Then you can look for their marriage...

If you put your Grandmothers name and rough year of birth i will see if i can help you and get you on your way...

Geraldine.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 25 Oct 2007 17:48

If Alice is your grandmother heres a couple of possibles for her birth...

Remember that parents had 6 weeks to reg a birth so this Alice could still have been born 1921...reg in 1922.

Alice Walton
1922 quarter 1 (jan feb mar)
Halifax
9a-573
Mothers maiden name 'Rogers'

another...

Alice Walton
1921 quarter 3 (jly aug sept)
Blackburn
8e-674
Mothers maiden name 'Marsden'

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 25 Oct 2007 17:56

Found this but is just a guess.....

Marriages Mar 1919 (>99%)
------------------------------------------------------

Pickering Clara Walton Keighley 9a 301
Walton David Pickering Keighley 9a 301

The district Keighley is in the county of West Riding of Yorkshire

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 25 Oct 2007 18:05

Another guess...
we can only guess untill you have the birth cert of your Grandmother also your great grandparents Marriage cert...

David Walton
Year of Registration: 1895
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
District: Dewsbury
County: Yorkshire - West Riding, West Yorkshire
Volume: 9b
Page: 634

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 25 Oct 2007 20:01

If you know your grandmothers date of birth and post it here then it will narrow down possible births.

Margaret

I