Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Albert Reginald Ward

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison

Alison Report 14 May 2008 15:53

Hi,

I am trying to find relatives of an albert reginald ward born 1927 in newcastle,he moved down south to possibly berkshire area in 1940 aprox, and died in 1984 in Maidenhead.

Any info would be great.
Thank you.

Alison

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 14 May 2008 15:56

Possibly his death certificate will name a relative as informant ?

Name: Albert Reginald Ward
Birth Date: Apr 1927
Death Registration Month/Year: Jan 1984
Age at death (estimated): 56
Registration district: Windsor and Maidenhead
Inferred County: Berkshire
Volume: 19
Page: 731

Tina

Tina Report 4 Mar 2017 19:19

Hi, I have just joined GR and saw this post. Albert was my father and I am just trying to compile my family tree. Do you have him in your tree? I have scant information on my grandparents and none on any other ancestors. Not really sure how to use this site but will give it a go.

greyghost

greyghost Report 4 Mar 2017 22:50

Tina, welcome to the boards. It's 9 years since Tina posted her request for information. She's unlikely to be looking for replies now. You could try and contact her by clicking on her name to send a Personal message. If she still has the same email address that she registered with GR they can let her know there is a message in their system for her.

In the meantimes - using the free search site
https://www.freebmd.org.uk/search (put it in your favourites and make good use of it) this would appear to be his birth registration with his Mother's maiden name recorded as Moore.

Surname First name(s) Mother District Vol Page
Births Jun 1927 (>99%)
Ward Albert R Moore Newcastle T. 10b 259

What details do you have on your grandparents? There are a number of Ward/Moore marriages, none in Newcastle though. And if it was a second marriage for his Mother , then the name Moore wouldn't be relevant when looking for the marriage.

His birth certificate would give the parents names.

Did he have siblings, do you know their names?

Let us know all that you know and we'll try to help.

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 5 Mar 2017 05:30

Marriage ?:
First name(s) ALBERT L
Last name WARD
Marriage quarter 3
Marriage year 1926
Spouse: Mary A Moore
District Amersham
County Buckinghamshire
Country England
Volume 3A Page 2521
-----------------------------------------------

1939 register:

Ward Household (5 People) Charney Lovel Road , Amersham R.D., Buckinghamshire, England

Albert L Ward 19 Sep 1903 Male Electrician Aircraft Married
Mary A Ward 23 Oct 1905 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married
Albert R Ward 18 Mar 1927 Male At School Single
Closed Record
Closed Record

Tina

Tina Report 6 Mar 2017 16:49

Thank you for your help. This does seem to be details about my fathers family. Mr grandfather was Leslie and my grandmother was Mary Agnes. My father had a younger brother called Ken and a younger sister called Jean. I am not in touch with either. Jean is still alive, not sure about about Ken.

I know my father was born in Durham but I think the family moved to the Buckinghamshire are when he was a teenager.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 6 Mar 2017 17:11

Research into Tina's family is on her thread here:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1365092