Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Watt

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robert

Robert Report 28 Dec 2004 13:26

Hello. My great great great grand father is William Watt. He married Barbara Alexander. One of his sons were Magnus Rait Watt (born 03/04/1857) He is my great great grandfather. He had many brothers ands sisters. Do these names ring a bell to ANYONE???? If so please get in touch with me. Isabella Watt(1871) Mary Watt(1865) George Watt(1855) Henry Alexander Watt(1868) Elisabeth Watt(1860) James Watt(1861) Barbara Watt(1863) Barbara Watt(1866) These are all Magnus's brothers and sisters. All born in Kintore, Aberdeen, Scotland. If any of these names ring a bell. PLEASE CONTACT ME. Thank you

Alison

Alison Report 24 Jan 2017 22:08

Hi.
I have a lot of information on this family. Are you still interested?
Best,
Alison

greyghost

greyghost Report 24 Jan 2017 23:00

Hi Alison and welcome to the boards.

As the original post from Robert is 12 years old, he's unlikely to be watching for replies and it actually looks as though he is no longer a member.

You could try clicking on his name to send a personal message through the GR system. They can notify him there is one in their system, if he still has the same email address he registered with the site. Then you have to wait and hope it gets there and he is still in a position to receive it and reply.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 24 Jan 2017 23:02

Welcome to the boards, Alison.

Unfortunately, Robert posted that request over 12 years ago, and won't be looking for replies here now. He may not even be a member of GR now.

You can try to contact him by clicking on his name at the top of his post and sending him a private message.
If he still uses the email address he registered with GR, they will notify him that he has a message from you.

No guarantees that he will either receive, read, or reply to it, though.

greyghost

greyghost Report 24 Jan 2017 23:03

Snap AG!