Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Watts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 20 Apr 2003 12:46

I am trying to find any information about the Watts family living in the London area. please help me! My fathers name is Steven(born 1951) and his father was Cyril (deceased._

Lianne

Lianne Report 2 Nov 2007 09:40

Michelle-Hi. I had Watts family in London-What details do you have? It seems there were quite a few London Watts -some tie up. Regards Lianne

Debbie

Debbie Report 2 Nov 2007 09:55

hi, just seen ur msgs and i know a couple of watts and i think they came from london i think il have to check but alan watts is my step dad if you want to call it that, he lives with my mother and he has a brother called derek, his mother and father have died now and he has an untie that was living in america is now living here, im from the west sussex area, i dont know if thats any good?
kind wishes

debs

Irene

Irene Report 9 Nov 2007 00:49

hi michelle
i also have family in london area, im a watts too, i dont reconise a stephen or a cyril, but alot of the watts do link up, do you have any other info,
regards irene

BOBBIE

BOBBIE Report 9 Nov 2007 05:58

hi,watts of east ham 1940s.freddie,johnny, bobbie and rosie. mother sarah(nee flodin)

Samantha

Samantha Report 12 Nov 2007 18:54

Hi
I come from a large Watts family who came from London, Hackney, Shoreditch areas. The name Hammond is very popular in this family first as a forename and then as a traditional middle name. Does this ring any bells.
Thanks Sam

Irene

Irene Report 30 Nov 2007 00:05

hi sam
i also have the name hammond in my family of watts, hammond was a surname which belonged to my dads mum louisa, she had a twin brother who died when he was very young, also a sister named ivy, does this ring any bells with you?
thanks irene

Nicola

Nicola Report 6 Dec 2007 07:39

Do any of you know an Alec (Alexander) Watts? He was my grandfather, born in 1921. He met my grandmother in Devon during the war and moved down there after he was demobbed. He served in Italy & North Africa.

He may have been either adopted or orphaned but he definitely came from London.

Irene

Irene Report 13 Dec 2007 01:50

hello nicola, a bit more info on your grandfather would help, i.e, siblings names, who he married, his parents names, if known. on what side of your parents are you to him