Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can't find anscestor on war graves commision site

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marie

Marie Report 11 Dec 2007 16:58

Hello

I have been trying for some time to find out more information on Peter Pratt Webb. I know from a letter home he was alive 5/08/1944 But was told he was deemed as missing in action soon after that. I can find no information on him at all and wondered if you can help. He was in the Merchant Navy.

Kind Regards
Marie

P.S I do have his service number if that will help

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 11 Dec 2007 17:15

Just had a quick look on cwg, but couldn't see him. His medal record, though, is available on the documentsonline site - £3-50 to download.

Marie

Marie Report 12 Dec 2007 16:55

Hello
Thankyou for that

I have purchased his medal record and found he received 4 medals, why would he not be on the cwg?

Heather

Heather Report 12 Dec 2007 16:59

Marie, when you say he was in Merchant Navy - you mean Royal Navy dont you? Im just wondering if he were home when he died?

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 12 Dec 2007 17:13

Marie

Sorry,can't explain why he isn't on cwg, but not all are. Where did he live? Is he on a local war memorial?