Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lost soul wanting to feel whole again

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kim

Kim Report 4 Nov 2008 19:16

I am now 42 years old and know I have family out there somewhere I have always felt like half of a person, and a lost soul for most of my life. I know only a few things about my past so I only hope someone reading this can help me become whole again before its to late. I am one of three siblings its my uncles and auties and cousins I seek. My dad who I never met I found out is deseased he was called ROY DAVID WEBBER 20TH JULY 1940 BORN IN LONDON my mother is MAUREEN MABLE WAS THURSTON THEN WEBBER she was born 22nd January 1942 They lived in EASTHAM Alexandra Road was one place I think anyone that can help please contact this lost soul.....

doddsy1

doddsy1 Report 4 Nov 2008 19:43

What about Maureen M Thurston born Dec quarter of 1942, Nottingham, mmn Maultby ?

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 4 Nov 2008 20:04

Kim, have you got your dad's birth certificate and/or your parents marriage certificate?

If you find out any names in your dad's tree (siblings, parents etc) you might be able to make connections through various websites.

For example there are five or six entries for Roy Webber on here but with no year or place of birth.

Also don't forget witnesses on a marriage certificate are often relatives so its worth looking into those names as well.

Selena

Kim

Kim Report 5 Nov 2008 17:46

Sorry if I have upset anyone I am new to this and did not relise people read all the topics. Thought if I put it on all different site all different ppl would read it. We all make mistakes I am sure I will make many more......

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Nov 2008 17:50

don't worry about it Kim - as you say, we all make mistakes and those who've never made any have never made anything at all!!! Old proverb from my Dad!!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Nov 2008 17:51

I've deleted my postings Kim - think I had my grumpy hat on when I did those - sorry!!

Thomas

Thomas Report 9 Nov 2008 00:33

I AM NUDGING THIS REQUEST IN THE HOPE THAT SOME KIND SOUL CAN HELP KIM IN HER /HER SEARCH FOR HIS/HER FAMILY,SURELY SOMEONE CAN HELP !!

Kim

Kim Report 10 Nov 2008 17:49

n

Selena in South East London Report 10 Nov 2008 18:09

Thanks for the PM Kim.

Do you have your Grandparent's marriage certificate?

Is it possible that either of your grandparents are still alive?

Have you tried an electoral roll search for them?

Did your grandparents have any brother/sisters? Did they marry and have children? Have you tried looking for possible aunts/uncles and cousins on the electoral roll for addresses?

Have you tried 192.com for everybody?

I am just trying to exhaust every avenue here to help you find any relatives.

Selena

Thomas

Thomas Report 11 Nov 2008 01:07

NUDGED ---- GIVE HIM/HER A BREAK!

Kim

Kim Report 11 Nov 2008 09:38

Thank you so much for your help and I have sent of for my dad birth certificate so I hope can get more info from that only when I get then I can go further... May I speak to you again once I do

warm
Regards

Kim

Kim Report 11 Nov 2008 17:10

n

Kim

Kim Report 12 Nov 2008 13:08

I FINALLY have my grandads names so will thread theses in the hope can get some more help of information on them.
William Edward Webber my dads dad
Richard William Thurston my mums dad that all I have now no grandmothers as still waiting for my dad certificate. Only problem is my mother was adopted I now know she was born Jan 22nd1945 well I think as she married at 16 in 1961 so maths not being my strong point :-) its a guess her mums name I think was May Thurston married name/Lanigan single any help would be great and if I dont answer stright away I am not being rude just so busy with work I will reply asap....

Kind regards to everyone
Kim

Selena in South East London Report 12 Nov 2008 14:45

Kim, I think it might be a good idea to wait until you get Roy's birth certificater and find out his mothers maiden name.

Then you can look for a marriage between Roy's mum and William Edward Webber. The marriage certificate will tell you their ages when they married and their fathers names.

Do you know when, and where, William Edward was born?

Regarding the Thurstons, are either of this possibles? Obviously they are not the same person

Births Dec 1908
Thurston Richard William Poplar 1c 538

Marriages Jun 1910
Burgess Florence Mary Poplar 1c 718
Fielding Ada Margaret Poplar 1c 718
REYNOLDS Arthur Edward Poplar 1c 718
THURSTON Richard William Poplar 1c 718

Kim

Kim Report 12 Nov 2008 17:17

I will look into them as I have not a clue on my granparents never met them or knew them. I will post a thread when get birth certificate. Will I ever know any of my mums side :-( ......

Thanks Kim

Kim

Kim Report 12 Nov 2008 17:18

LOL that was funny thanks for your support.

Kim

Kim Report 13 Nov 2008 11:05

OMG I was lost reading all that this is so confusing as I have no information on my family. I only found out my dad was dead a few years ago. If I didnt get a copy of the death certificate I would'nt know as much as I do and thats very little. My mother I have no contact with all I remeber is I hadan auntie and unle called ethel and john from manor park my mothers mums name was May thurston will I ever know any of my family gggrrrr. I have found a neice so thats somethink.

Anyway I will read and read the above and try and make sense of it all.

Thank you so much for your help

Kim

doddsy1

doddsy1 Report 13 Nov 2008 17:49

Hi Fairthorn
Have to say - whether it was ancestors or descendants that were asked for - I doubt if Kim is really bothered -at least she has a lot more to work with and a lot more to look into.
Good luck Kim and well done Fairthorn for having hung in there for her - you must be cross-eyed from trawling through the registers which must have took a lot of time and patience........I really hope that there's a happy ending here.

Thomas

Thomas Report 13 Nov 2008 21:30

Hi,Kim,print out a copy of all your contacts info. It will be easier to browse through them and write down any comments/queries,will save on the brain spinning!

Kim

Kim Report 14 Nov 2008 18:10

Thanks to seaham and Thomas I will work through bit by bit. If I dont go giddy :-)

Regards
kim