Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Webber

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ian

Ian Report 3 May 2007 15:33

Ian Webber. Looking for English relatives who have knowledge of Webbers in the environs of Bridgwater Somerset and Cardiff Wales. Names of interest include Richard & Betsy; George and Mary Ann; Henry & Ellen and children Reginald, George and Ethel. GGgrandfather John b. 1844 and his decendants in Geelong, Victoria. Australia are already documented.

Anne

Anne Report 25 Aug 2007 01:07

Hi Ian, My grandfather John Henry Webber was born circa 1881 we believe in Somerset. In 1911 he marrried my grandmother, Mary Ann Tobin, in Cardiff. On his marriage certificate it says that his father's name was John whose occupation was a blacksmith and who, by 1911 was deceased. If any of this rings a bell, please get in touch. Regards, Anne.

Lynda

Lynda Report 30 Dec 2007 10:31

Hi Ian
I have a William Webber b.1840 he was a mariner then a timber labourer.He was born in Bridgwater somerset.He married Maria Newberry nee Vickery.He also had 7 siblings icluding a Samuel, Amilea 1832, May 1827 Eliza 1830,Sarah m1834?Henry 1825?, & a brother John 1831.Their parents were William b.1796 & Grace? b.1802.They lived in Eastover in the 1841 cencus. If this is the same family William(jnr) is buried in Bristol rd cemetery B/W. Maria was my gt.gt.gran.
Hope this might be some help
lyn