Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Welford

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 19 Mar 2006 18:12

Trying to find relatives of John Welford born 1856c born in either Ellerby or Mickleby nr Whitby, John married Harriet Readman born 1862c Goathland. They lived at Egton Banks Farm, had lots of children my grandfather William being one of them. Their first born was Joseph and I think they lived at Broad Lees Glaisdale then. Please contact if you think you can help. Thank you Carol

Matthew

Matthew Report 14 Mar 2008 17:40

If you are still looking for info on this family, please contact me as I have details of them.

Gary

Gary Report 10 Nov 2008 21:11

This could be the same info we are looking for my grandfather was called joesph welford and my great grandfather was called john welford we could help each other please contact me at
[email protected]

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Nov 2008 21:13

Gary - first of all, you should remove your email - against the rules of GR

Also you both can have a go at contacting Carol by sending a message via GR by clicking on her name

Neil

Neil Report 2 Sep 2010 14:51

Hi I've just come accross this by accident but was harriets parents Francis & Jane & if so you may be able to help me
Neil

Carol

Carol Report 2 Feb 2017 19:05

Hi Gary
Hoping you rstill on here. I have done qhiet a bit more searching from what i read you are a desendant of my grandads eldest brother jospeh. I have found children for him but dont know a lot about him I was told he ,moved to loftus

kind regards Carol

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Feb 2017 19:56

Carol - as Gary didn't remove his email address as he was adivised, you could try emailing him to see if it gets through.

You could also send him a message via this site by clicking on his name. His GR a/c is probably linked the email address he posted, but if he has since up-dated it, you've 2 chances at contacting him.

Carol

Carol Report 8 Feb 2017 12:59

Thank you i did try the eamil first but it failed I will try the other way you mentioned thank you x

malyon

malyon Report 8 Feb 2017 13:59

is this your family

John Welford
England and Wales Census, 1871
Name
John Welford
Event Type
Census
Event Date
Event Place
Glaisdale, Yorkshire (West Riding), England
Enumeration District
Marital Status
Single
Relationship to Head of Household
Son
Birth Year (Estimated)
Birthplace
Nickleby, Yorkshire

Entry Number
Affiliate Image Identifier
GBC/1871/4846/0018
Household
Role
Birthplace
Ralph Welford
Head
M
Newton Mulgrave, Yorkshire
Mary Welford
Wife
F
Ugthorpe, Yorkshire
John Welford
Son
M
Nickleby, Yorkshire
William Welford
Son
M
Newton Mulgrave, Yorkshire
Joseph Welford
Son
M
Glaisdale, Yorkshire
Mary J Welford
Daughter
F
Glaisdale, Yorkshire
Thomas Welford
Boarder
M
Danby, Yorkshire

malyon

malyon Report 8 Feb 2017 14:02

john and harriet had 11 children

malyon

malyon Report 8 Feb 2017 14:14

harriet readman born 1847 was one of 12 children

parents francis readman 1815-1881

jane farndale 1825-1881

married 1841 danby

Carol

Carol Report 8 Feb 2017 16:23

Hi Yes it is. I have Harriet as 1863 In Goathland well in beck Hole she was my Great Gran.
I have just been looking today at some more Welford stuff that keeps tying them up with The Readmans

Thank you Carol