Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Westland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diann

Diann Report 12 Jun 2007 21:11

Hi my maiden name is Diann Westland and I am doing the tree on my fathers side of the family. He had 3 sisters - Dorothy, Margaret and Gladys and 3 brothers Kenneth, Ronald and Jackie. I am trying to find details of James Westland born around 1768/69. His wife was Ann Sutherland. I am having difficulty getting any further back. Can anyone doing the Westland tree help.

Bruce

Bruce Report 17 Sep 2007 08:26

James Westland was born in 1761 in Cluny and married Anne Sutherland 1789 in Kemnay. They are both still alive in 1841 and James is in the 1851 census but had died before 1855. I believe his parents to be Alexander Westland and Jean Elrick married in Kemnay 1750

TezzaNZ

TezzaNZ Report 21 Nov 2007 09:01

I have a James Westland who married a bridget Doyle in my tree. One of their children was Mary Ann Westland who married George Mayes. Mary was born 1830 in Castlemacadam near Wicklow, Ireland.

Do you have any info on this side of the Westland family?

All the best Terry