Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

James and Sarah Westwood

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kerry

Kerry Report 10 Oct 2007 21:19

Am trying to find where my great great grandmother Sarah westwood nee Aldridge came from or any info on her parents..I know she lived at The Steamer public house in Welwyn Hertfordshire in? 1861 with her husband James Westwood...Someone out there who could possibly help would be great..

David

David Report 10 Oct 2007 21:29

The Sarah Westwood who lived at the Steam Engine in Welwyn in 1861 was born c1822 Stevenage, but her husband is called Thomas.

A Thomas Westwood married Dec 1849 E London, a Sarah Aldridge is on the same page.

Kerry

Kerry Report 10 Oct 2007 21:31

Sorry my mistake....Thank you...Would you know where in Stevenage and who her parents were...

Many thanks

David

David Report 10 Oct 2007 21:36

One possible on IGI:

Sarah Aldridge Christening: 31 MAR 1822 Stevenage parents James and Sarah.

Kerry

Kerry Report 10 Oct 2007 21:54

Great many thanks

kerry

Terry

Terry Report 15 Nov 2007 07:02

Greetings Kerry
I notice that you are looking for info -re Sarah Aldridge. In my tree I have a Sarah b 31-5-1822. Stevenage.She married John Westwood in 1841. He was born 1816 Hatfield. Her father, James Aldridge and mother Sarah (nee Cock) were married 28-10-1816 at Stevenage. They were publicans at 197 Digswell Hill in Welwyn. She is a sister of my GGG father William who migrated to Australia in 1859.
If this is the same Sarah, then I have a lot more information about this line of the family.

Regards Terry Aldridge Caloundra Australia