Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Whitton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ingrid

Ingrid Report 14 May 2007 14:19

Hi I am Ingrid Whitton, trying to trace relatives from my grandfather's side of the family. He was David Archer Whitton born 1891 in Broughty Ferry, Scotland. He had a sister we knew as Aunty Kay but I'm not sure of her full name. She had two children, a girl and a boy....one of them was named Gerry (?short for Geraldine perhaps?) I've noticed there's a Richard Chapman who has been doing the family tree. Would love contact with anyone who can lead me in the right direction here. Many thanks

Robert

Robert Report 11 Feb 2017 18:41

Its nearly 10 years since you posted this.
You can find this information on my web side robertwhitton.eu This has a facility to email me.
We are not related.
Kathleen Lawson Whitton 1902-1989 married James Herd Mackie 1898-1961 They had 2 children Patricia 1927, and Eileen Margey 1930--1991.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 11 Feb 2017 18:51

Welcome to the boards, Robert.

As you've noticed, this is a very old thread,
Consequently, Ingrid will not be looking for replies here now.

You can try to contact her by a personal message - just click on her name at the top of her post.
If she still uses the email address she registered with GR, she will be notified that there's a message from you on the GR system.

No guarantees that she'll receive, read, or reply to it, though!