Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Buttons

Buttons Report 4 Dec 2007 20:52

hello i was wondering if any one can help me i'm looking for informaton on william chadwick born 1880 in england all i know that he had 3 sons william chadwick 1904, james (chadwick) 1906 and edward chadwick born 1910 all three kids were born in bolton
any help is appreciated thank you
buttons

Heather

Heather Report 4 Dec 2007 21:08

If one of the boys is your direct ancestor, buy the birth certificate for £7 from GRO online when you will have both mother and fathers full names. From there you can find their marriage and buy the marriage cert which will give both fathers names and occupations and from there work backwards through census and certificates.

You may be able to find the birth cert ref for free on freebmd

Buttons

Buttons Report 6 Dec 2007 20:43

thank you for the advice and the help

buttons