Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Williams died in Australia

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheppie

Sheppie Report 15 Aug 2009 17:35

I hope someone can help me. My mothers uncle John Price Williams was born in1858 in Glamorganshire South Wales U.K. but died in Australia but I can't find out anything else about him. I would like to know why he went to Australia, if he married or had any family and when and where in Australia he died. I hope someone can help.
Edith

Sheppie

Sheppie Report 15 Aug 2009 18:21

Thank you to the person who gave me the website address I tried but cannot find him.
Edith

Julcoe

Julcoe Report 16 Aug 2009 09:13

You have not given any family details about your John Price Williams,
could this be his death...

Year/Reg.No. .. 1921/B35033
Name .. Williams John Price
Father .. David Williams
Mother .. Frances Price

Australian death certificates usually have lots of extra information.
Including a list of all children with their ages at the time of the death.

Also found..

Australian Electoral Rolls, 1901-1936 about John Price Williams
Name: John Price Williams
Electoral Year: 1913
State: Queensland
District: Lilley
Subdistrict: Caboolture
OCCUPATION .. farmer
ADDRESS .. Narangba

Also @Narangba
Alfred Henry Williams, Farmer

Sheppie

Sheppie Report 16 Aug 2009 10:15

Julie,
Thank you so much, this is my relative. Do you know how I can get a copy of his death certificate.
He was from a farming family and I wonder if Alfred was his son.
John was one of 13 children and all I knew was John vanished after a family problem and all I could find was he died in Australia.
Thanks again for your help.
Edith

Julcoe

Julcoe Report 16 Aug 2009 13:11

Cut & paste the following address
From there you should be able to order the certificate.

http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/465.htm

I could not find another mention of John Price Williams, no marriage or children born in Qld.

He may have entered Australia via a different state.
each state has its own records and are accessable to different years.

Sheppie

Sheppie Report 16 Aug 2009 16:28

Julie,
Thank you for that, I will start by getting the certificate and go from there.
Edith

Sheppie

Sheppie Report 16 Aug 2009 22:39

Hi Katherine,
Thank you I will try and get both documents. My mother told me before she died that she had a second cousin in Australia called Flo who had traced the Williams tree back to Welsh Royalty in the 1200s, that is why I am keen to find any relations in Australia, I have got back to 1680 but can't seem to find anymore information.
Thanks again for your help.
Edith

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 17 Aug 2009 02:55

Dear Edith,

I looked up my CD of Victorian BMD and found one John Price Williams born England married Florence Edwards in Victoria in 1886. Florence was born in Victoria, Australia, unsure of where exactly. This would coincide with his coming to Australia. It looks like he may have come to Australia via Port Phillip or Geelong, Victoria.. Hope this is of some assistance to you.

If you want a copy of the marriage certificate google BMD Victoria Australia to get the website to order same.

Good luck with your search
Vanessa

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 17 Aug 2009 03:01

Dear Edith,

Have found further info in relation to John Price and Florence, they had at least one child, Ada Selina Florence born 1887 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I will check my other discs to see if there were any other children and let you know the outcome.

Regards
Vanessa

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 17 Aug 2009 03:08

Dear Edith,

Have found at least 3 more children for John and Florence. Details are:

Alexander Reuben b 1892 South Melbourne, d 1892 South Melbourne aged 2 months.
David George b 1889 South Melbourne, d 1889 South Melbourne aged 3 months.
John Malcolm b 1897 South Melbourne.

Will do some more research for further info and let you know.

Regards
Vanessa

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 17 Aug 2009 03:11

Edith,

Have found yet another child for you

George Price b 1890 South Melbourne

We now have a tally of at least 5 children.

I will keep looking

Vanessa

Sheppie

Sheppie Report 17 Aug 2009 08:34

Vanessa,
Thank you so much, you are a star. I am now getting hopeful of progressing with my tree.
I am away for the next 4 days but please send anymore info you find and I will pick it up on return.
Thanks again.
Edith

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 17 Aug 2009 13:29

Dear Edith,

Sorry I cant find any more on the victorian records. I will look on the passenger shipping records to see if I can find which vessel he came over on, unless he worked for his passage then I will not be able to find him.

Good luck
Vanessa

Sheppie

Sheppie Report 22 Aug 2009 21:23

Dear Vanessa,
Thank you for all the help, I do feel I am getting closer to tracing my family. I have sent for a copy of John Price Williams death certificate and a copy of his will, which is over 160 pages long, so hope I will learn something from that.
Edith

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 23 Aug 2009 05:32

Edith,

I am more than happy to have helped. I will look through my records to see if any of the children remained in Victoria for you and pass it on if I find any thing.

Hope you enjoyed yours days away.

Regards
Vanessa

Sheppie

Sheppie Report 10 Sep 2009 21:40

Vanessa,
I have sent for a copy of the death certificate and the will of John Price Williams. I hope to learn something from them. It would be lovely to find some living relatives in Australia who could help me trace further back with my tree. You have been so helpful with all the infomation you found for me, so thank you again.
Edith

Deborah

Deborah Report 11 Sep 2009 11:20

Hi Edith

I've found your thread interesting. And I have a bit more information for you. If you go to the Brisbane City Council website and lookup grave search- John Price Williams is recorded as buried in Toowong Cemetry. but more interesting is that Alfred Price Williams is buried in South Brisbane, age 74 years in 1951, must have been John's brother and therefore there is the potential for another line of your family if he had children?

happy searching
Deborah

Sheppie

Sheppie Report 12 Sep 2009 09:36

Deborah,
Thank you for the information.Alfred was not a brother but could have been a son or another relative. I will find out if he was a son on John's death certificate when I receive it, but I will follow up your information as well. I didn't have the info on the burials so it will be worth a try.
Thanks again.
Edith

Deborah

Deborah Report 15 Sep 2009 11:21

Hi Edith

I found these whilst I was looking at some Queensland research.

Alfred Henry married Violet Llewellin Hall in1907
possible children: Ivy May 1907, George Edwin 1910, Rosey Edith 1914.

I hope this comes in handy

Deborah

Sheppie

Sheppie Report 15 Sep 2009 22:25

Thank you, it seems my family in Australia is getting bigger every day. I will research all the information and hope I can connect them to my family tree.
Edith