Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find WIlliams

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tanith

Tanith Report 12 Nov 2003 11:25

I am looking for information on my great grandfather John Williams, he married Mary Ann James around 1890 (i think). John's parents were from County Cork, Ireland. They had 9 children the youngest of which was my grandmother Iris May Williams who was born 20 May 1915. I have no date of birth for John Williams, but I do know that in 1915 he was living in Upper Cwmynyscoy, Pontypool and was a surface worker in the colliery. The names of their other children are(in age order, oldest first):- Tom, Alfred(known as Corpral), Gwenthlian, Olive, William(known as Sergent), Clarice, Phylis and David (known as Jack) born June 1910. Any information would be great.

Rebekah

Rebekah Report 4 Nov 2007 04:09

I am related to a John Williams from Cork Ireland but he married a Catherine/Elizabeth Ludgate in 1842 in Kilshannig by Mallow, Cork, Ireland.

I have no details of his parents.
His children were Frances, Thomas, Michael, Holmes and David. I can confirm Frances, Michael and David ended up in Australia. I speculate that Holmes did also and that Thomas went to the States.

Is this helpful?