Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

drowning inquest 1882

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ingrid

Ingrid Report 18 Sep 2007 22:14

my great great grandfather name was robert williams and he was born and bred in penmorfa caernarvonshire. he was a butcher by trade. i have traced his death certificate and tragically he was found to have drowned at the age of 48 years old. it states he was last seen alive about 6th november 1882. there was a inquest on the 10th november 1882. Does anyone know how i can find out more about this? You help would be so much appreciated. thank you

Sheila

Sheila Report 3 Oct 2007 14:22

Have you tried the local newspaper as there was an inquest there could have been a write up in the press as he was a local trader,they may have it in their archives, there is always a chance that they could help you or the local library sometimes have copies of newspapers. It's worth a chance.
Good Luck Sheila

Ingrid

Ingrid Report 27 Oct 2007 23:50

just to let you know have ordered copy of paper from the national library of wales. thanks very much for your help.