Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

mothers burial site

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda

Amanda Report 24 Nov 2007 10:56

Can anyone tell me how to find where a person may be buried I am trying to locate where my mother may be buried.
Her name is Lily Maud Burton and she died on the 28th December 1981 at Tiptree Colchester I believe her husbands family may have had her buried with her husband Francis John Burton who died on the 29th December 1981. I believe his family may have had them taken back to Basingstoke Hampshire I seem to be going around in circles again
kind regards Amanda

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Nov 2007 11:17

If they died within a day of each other, I would think it is highly likely that they were buried together.
Do you know the address of the Basingstoke relatives? Your relatives would be fairly local to that address, if in that area. There was no crematorium in Basingstoke at that time....the nearest would be Aldershot probably.

Gwyn

Amanda

Amanda Report 25 Nov 2007 11:27

To Gwyneth I have an address of Abbey Rd Popley Basingstoke unfortunately there is no phone connection at this present time, but the name on the address is the same as given on the death certificate.
Amanda

Ann

Ann Report 25 Nov 2007 12:30

Hi Amanda,

You could try contacting the local authority for Basingstoke - they should be able to tell you who holds the burial registers for that area.

Brian

Brian Report 26 Nov 2007 12:18

Hi Amanda,

Most local authorities have their own websites and the more forward looking have links to their burial registers. If not, then ring the LA and ask for their Cemetery/Crematorium Manager.

Brian