Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Willmot

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sally

Sally Report 10 Mar 2007 22:59

HI , I'm trying to find descendants of Henry C Willmot b Shaftesbury, Dorset 1863, and Joseph Willmot b Shaftesbury , Dorset 1878. Also any Willmot relatives descended from the marriage of Charles Willmot Tailor originally from Shaftesbury, to Selina Luscombe of Worle Weston super Mare. Their sons were Sydney Charles b 1/2/1886, Thomas b 9/4/ 1888 Reginald Clifford b 10/1/ 1896 Alfred Edward b 30/11/1889 who married Daisy Maud Fry John Robert b 17/3 1897 William Josiah b 1883, d 1953 was on the direct line and I have details of his descendants but would like information about his siblings as above if possible. I think there may be some in the Bridgwater area as well as Weston, and would appreciate any assistance. Thank you Sally In N.Z

Geraldine

Geraldine Report 14 Sep 2007 15:08

Hi Sally,

I'm sorry I cant help you with your above enquiry, but I was wondering if you can help me with mine? Both my parents are adopted and whilst I am in good contact with my mother's side, my father passed away and thus took away information from this side.

This is a long shot as the information I do know about my father's parents are very sketchy, but i know that he was born out of an affair, an illegimate child to a married woman named Daisy Willmot, apparently a titled lady from Dorset, around in 1934. Daisy went to give birth on the coast, and the baby was given to a childless couple, the Chandler's, who live in Sussex. As i said, very long shot, but any news would be gratefully received.

Thank-you,

Geri in England

[email protected]

Sally

Sally Report 29 Dec 2007 20:14

Hi Geri,
I do have a Daiy Willmot, (not titled.though,) born in
Worle, 1908 died Exeter 1961 She was married at Okehampton Devon to John Hucker on10 Jan 1933. There was one known son John Hucker, and 'possibly 'a daughter named May said to have been handicapped. Family story is that Daisy was very fond of dancing, and also that the 'possible handicapped 'daughter was sent away.
i bellieve John Hucker, the child, went to live in Sussex as an adult. As you say a long sshot but their might be somrething of use to you
Regards
Sally in N Z

Sally

Sally Report 29 Dec 2007 20:16

Hi Geri,
I do have a Daiy Willmot, (not titled.though,) born in
Worle, 1908 died Exeter 1961 She was married at Okehampton Devon to John Hucker on10 Jan 1933. There was one known son John Hucker, and 'possibly 'a daughter named May said to have been handicapped. Family story is that Daisy was very fond of dancing, and also that the 'possible handicapped 'daughter was sent away.
i bellieve John Hucker, the child, went to live in Sussex as an adult. As you say a long sshot but their might be somrething of use to you
Regards
Sally in N Z