Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wood family, can't find where they fit!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire

Claire Report 7 Jan 2008 22:03

Hiya,

I'm wondering if anyone has any tips and can help me in any way at all with part of my family which I just cannot fit into my tree!

The information I have on this specific family is that the father was Ronald Wood, he married Patricia Unknown and they had Neilson and Sandra Wood.

My mother had always known Ronald as 'Uncle Ron', however, he is more likely to have been my nan's uncle or cousin. This would put him being born between 1899 and 1920 (huge gap I know!) Despite searching I just cannot find him or his children due to such little information to go on. If he was my nan's uncle he would have brothers Herbert Neilson and William Wood. If he is my nan's cousin his father may be William Wood.

Is there any way anyone can help, I'm so disappointed that I cannot fit them into the tree when I know their names!

Claire

Heather

Heather Report 7 Jan 2008 22:06

I think you need to buy a few certificates, starting with the birth cert of Neilson to get mums full name and then that marriage cert to Pat which would give you Ronalds fathers name - you would then know which family line to follow.

You give no dates or likely areas to check - you can look up the birth and possibly marriage if you know the dates on freebmd up to about 1920 after that its a search on the complete index or find my past pay to view.

Claire

Claire Report 7 Jan 2008 22:21

Thanks Heather,

Unfortunately I have thought of this, but I can't find Neilson's birth record anyway from 1938-1944 which would be the time frame. And I cannot find the marriage record for Ron and Pat.

Unfortunately I can only give date scales in which to work which has been purely guesswork according to a couple of photos and very few and faded memories of my mum's.

Thanks for your help, the search continues!

Claire

Claire

Claire Report 7 Jan 2008 22:21

*anywhere, not anyway

Claire

Claire Report 8 Jan 2008 06:48

Any other help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Claire

***Lindsay***

***Lindsay*** Report 8 Jan 2008 07:31

Have found a Neilson G Wood Mothers maiden name Williamson born Romford VOL 5a Pg 615 Jul-Aug-Sep 1950
Have searched indexes from 1925, this is only one I have found

***Lindsay***

***Lindsay*** Report 8 Jan 2008 07:38

Found Patricia M Williamson Married Ronald Wood Romford Q2 1948 VOL5a page 1150

Heather

Heather Report 8 Jan 2008 11:12

Oh well done Lindsay - your eyes must be aching.

So the cert is there to buy then :)

Claire

Claire Report 8 Jan 2008 20:02

Oh thank you so much ladies, you are absolute stars!!!!

Claire