Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My Grandfathers Death

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tetley

Tetley Report 8 Jan 2008 15:34

Help!

James Albert Wood died between 1950 & 1965 in Brixton which I understand is a sub-district of Lambeth.

I have been told he would probably have been buried in Lambeth Cemetery Tooting

How would I go about finding if he is in this Cemetery please?

Would it be possible for me to find him and his wife Lilian Mary on the electoral roll for that time without an address?

Margaret

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 8 Jan 2008 15:39

Electoral rolls are listed by address within parliamentary wards within a district so without an address it would be a very long search.

Is it likely that they had a phone?
If so they may be found on the old BT lists on Ancestry.

Gwyn

BarbaraFromYorkshire

BarbaraFromYorkshire Report 8 Jan 2008 16:07

Have you any idea when he was born ?

There is a Death index --but can't be sure it is your Grandfather,

September (quarter) 1964
James A Wood
Age 76
Lambeth 5c 1007

Tetley

Tetley Report 8 Jan 2008 16:39

Hi Barbara

His birth was 5 Jan.1889 this may well be him. Lilian went to live with her family in 1965 she was a widow.

Thankyou so much for your help I will send for the Cert. and hope I have the right one.

Kind Regards
Margaret