Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Elizabeth or Liz Woodford

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 12 Feb 2005 04:08

MY GRANDFATHER WAS ALFRED WOODFORD of GAWCOTT, BUCKINGHAM. HE WAS A JOINER AND COFFIN MAKER. I RECENTLY VISITED MY COUSIN JOY BROWN (nee WOODFORD) AND SHE SHOWED ME THE CEMETERY AT GAWCOTT WHERE ALFRED AND MY GRANDMOTHER EMILY GERTRUDE ARE BURIED. I ALSO SAW THE COTTAGES IN WHICH SEVERAL MEMBERS OF THE FAMILY LIVED INCLUDING WILLIAM (Bill) WOODFORD, AG BLOXHAM (nee WOODFORD) MY FATHER ARTHUR EDWIN WOODFORD (born 20.9.1910), SID WOODFORD, JAMES (Jim) WOODFORD and WINIFRED BOUGHTON (nee WOODFORD). I HAVE SOME DETAILS OF COUSINS AND THEIR OFFSPRING AND I ALSO HAVE A CATALOGUE OF ALL THE WOODFORDS IN THE WORLD CIRCA. 1980s.
I HAVE NOW FOUND MY GREAT GRANDFATHER JAMES - A STONE MASON MARRIED TO MARY ANN OWEN?( FROM GREAT TEW, IN OXFORDSHIRE), AND MY GREAT GREAT GRANDFATHER WILLIAM (born 1806) MARRIED TO ANN MERRY, BOTH OF GAWCOTT. I HAVE LOTS OF INFORMATION ABOUT THE MERRY FAMILY, BUT NONE GOING BACK FROM WILLIAM, ABOUT THE WOODFORDS. IF YOU THINK YOU MIGHT BE CONNECTED TO THIS FAMILY OF WOODFORDS, OR HAVE ANY INFO. ON WILLIAM'S PARENTS, PLEASE CONTACT ME THROUGH F.R.
Liz Woodford - Norwich

Duncan

Duncan Report 15 Jun 2017 06:15

Hi.

I think my wife is a cousin of yours. You share the same grandfather although he is great grandfather to her.

Is Dorothy Thrower your mother?

I am trying to build a tree for her and struggling to find living relatives... :) her grandmother is Agnes Gertrude Woodford. Married to Thomas BLOXHAM

Any help much appreciated :)

Thanks

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 15 Jun 2017 06:50

Hi Duncan and welcome to GR.

Liz posted this thread back in 2005 so might not be looking for replies now.

Liz is still an active member........so, if you click on her name, you can send her a personal message.

PM sent to Liz on your behalf.

Prickles.

Duncan

Duncan Report 15 Jun 2017 16:22

Thank you :)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 15 Jun 2017 20:28

Thanks Prickles!

Have responded to Duncan's pm now. We are definitely related, Agnes Bloxham was my Aunt

Liz

Duncan

Duncan Report 15 Jun 2017 22:15

I presume you had that picture i sent already ?

Enjoy your pub meal :)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 30 Jun 2017 23:29

I coudn't open the attachment, so don't know, Duncan.

I have pm'd you today

Hope we can talk soon,

Liz