Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Woodward

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cathrine

Cathrine Report 27 Jan 2007 13:32

Hi I'm trying to find any info on my grt grandad Alfred Henry Woodward born Derby 1900. His parents were Alfred Henry who was born in Derby 1866 and Margaret Kelly born somewhere in Ireland 1868c. Alfred snr was in the Kings Rifles and I am presuming they met while stationed in Ireland as their first daughter was born there named Ellen A M Woodward 1886. I really need info on Margaret as I don't know which county she was from. I cannot find any marriage between the two and I am now stuck because I don't know in which part of Ireland she was from. Their other children are: Albert Edward born Newport IoW 1888 Robert George born Farnham Aldershot 1890 Gertrude born Ireland 1894 Florence born Derby 1898 If anyone as anything either email or put up a message. Thanksx

Shelley

Shelley Report 21 Nov 2007 20:58

have you tried any irish websites although I found that most records were destroyed 1830-1890
hope this helps a bit
shelley woodward