Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Worton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 28 Nov 2004 16:10

Would like to hear from anyone related or connected to the WORTON family from the Gornal area of Dudley. My mothers name is Ann (born and raised in 3 North Oval, Upper Gornal), she has 1 sister, Alice, who lives in America, and 2 brothers Jim and John. Nan's name was Hannah Jane (known as Ginny) and her maiden name was HALE. Nan died in 1978. My grandfathers name was William Henry (known as Harry). He worked as a butcher most of his life, and was based behind the Britannia Pub. He died in 1975. My great-grandfather was also William Henry (b. 1870) and he married Mary A Southall. His father was John (b. 1840) and that's as far back as I go. Any information would be much appreciated. Regards Becki

David

David Report 1 Jan 2008 20:03

Hello Becki

With regard to John Worton b1840 I have a John in my tree born 1840 in Oldswinford which near Dudley area. I can go back further from John if this is any help to you.

Regards
David Worton