Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BMDCertificates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marguerita (Rita)

Marguerita (Rita) Report 30 Jan 2008 11:13

A word of advice to the unwary and newbies. I have bought a couple of birth certificates from the Office of National Certificates at £7 each. I wanted a marriage certificate and for some reason failed to find the ONS website and found another one selling certificates which I thought was official as its title contained the words "Government " and "Certificates. The price for a marriage Cert was £23 and foolishly I ordered it. I realised my error almost immediately and tried to cancel but this was not accepted except on payment of £13 for "work done". Since no work could have been done this is daylight robbery! Make sure you only but from ONS.
Rita I

Dea

Dea Report 30 Jan 2008 12:44

Rita,

Did you pay by credit card? - If so, it would be worth contacting your credit card Company as, if they feel this is not correct, they will often arrange to have your money refunded.

Worth a try.

Dea x

Marguerita (Rita)

Marguerita (Rita) Report 30 Jan 2008 18:01

Dea

Thanks for the tip

Rita